Friday, May 11, 2007

I love technology!

I am at yet another state board meeting. Our year-end financial reports are due. I was actually done early and ready to go, but then, as always, I ran into trouble. This was the memo I included in my report:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs,

I apologize for the quality of the print job on the General Ledger. I got in a fight with my printer this morning. I lost. We are no longer communicating. I hope to make up with the printer when I get back to school on Monday. It feels neglected and refuses to work again until I feed it another magenta and cyan cartridge. I tried to explain that it would be fine to print this document in black and white and I would take care of it later. It refused and spit on me.

In any case, I had to save the ledger as a text file and reprint it elsewhere. The printer is jealous, but it knows that if it doesn’t accept my apology, it is HISTORY. I hope this copy of the ledger will suffice. Please remember to stock up on extra ink. The machines know when you are in a time crunch and will use that information against you. They hold the key.

No comments: