Friday, June 06, 2008

What I've lost this week....

1. My ATM card, and the $500 that someone else charged in gas purchases after they found it.

2. Use of my cell phone, after I discovered it doesn't "bounce" on the patio by the pool.

3. Use of my computer's disc drive, after a student knocked it off my desk.

4. The ability to see out of my right side view mirror, after it held an untimely meeting with a palm drive next to my driveway.

5. Quite a few hours of sleep, since the annual end-of-the-year faculty karoake party was held at my "newly improved" home and went until 3 AM last Saturday.

6. A large portion of my pinky finger skin as I wrestled with a Tiki torch that was unwilling to compromise on placement in the yard.

7. Feeling in my fingers and toes, as I'm now in Maine, where the temperature is lower than it EVER gets in Miami.

No comments: