Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lonely "fruit" list

There's a joke out there about every woman's melon list...the Honey Do. As in, "Honey, can you do..." The problem with being a single woman homeowner is that I'M the fruit. The regular chore list would be doable with a normal job. But just like most good band directors, I put in extra hours.

A typical day involves leaving the house at 7:30 AM, returning at 6 PM to walk and feed the dogs and PERHAPS shove some food down my own throat and then tear off to whatever is planned for the evening (community band, school functions, dog school). I can try and catch up on weekends, but judging, more dog school, school trips and other functions all seem to take the first bite out of my time.

I need to call a plumber, a landscaper, a bathtub refinisher, the termite inspector, the paver guy, the handyman, an auto body shop andmy doctor.. Three things stand in the way: 1) finding time in the day to make the call. 2) finding time in the schedule to have an appointment. 3) finding money in the budget to pay for it all.

Pray for me....the next month or so are going to be a rough ride.

No comments: