Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holidays and Pity Invites

I get so tired of the holidays sometimes. Those with families feel sorry for those of us without and try to convince us to join their celebration, full of family inside-stories, traditions and drama that you don't feel included, you just feel like a spectator at a circus freak show. It just makes you feel WORSE than if you just stayed home and enjoyed the day on your own terms.

The truth is, it's not SAD that I'm home alone for the holidays. It's circumstance. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I'm dealing with it. To me, it's just another day only I get to live it on MY terms. Now THERE is something to be thankful for!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

There's a lot to be said for living on your own terms! I hope you and the pastelitos make some new family traditions.