Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flirting with disaster

I am praying for a friend who made some bad choices in the last few months. It's caused him to lose his job and possibly ended his career. It would be completely understood if his wife left but she believes in "for better or worse" and thinks their child deserves for them to try and work it out. He's been humbled and brought to the feet of Jesus. If they can look past the day-to-day, I know they'll see that by working it through, their relationship with each other and with the Lord will be stronger than before. Still, it's hard to watch them when all I can do is offer encouragement and pray for them.

It has made me examine how blessed I am that none of the horrific choices I've made in my life (and there are some whoppers) have had any long-term, life-altering consequences. That is by the grace of God, for sure.

Now if I could only focus on letting God lead BEFORE I have to do something so drastic that I reach the end of my rope. I pray that in the midst of my friend's prayers, I find some meaning.

No comments: