Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Putting the "Cuss" in "Customer Service"

So get this: (I LOVE when Mer starts her voice messages to me with that!)

I had to go buy a new charger for the new phone that I got last week (and that I HATE). Remember that I dunked my old yet sophisticated Treo in a rather deep puddle and it subsequently drowned. ANYWAY - I needed some cheap thing to get me through the weekend in NYC. I was told I had 14 days to return it if I didn't like it. (Which I don't) EXCEPT that I left the freakin' charger in the hotel room. So yesterday I had to pay for a new charger so that I'll have one in the box when I return it when my newer, more sophisticated and rather expensive Treo arrives.

The point of the story is this: I walk into the cellphone place about 20 minutes before closing yesterday. There are exactly 4 employees on the floor and exactly one customer (that being me). I walk up to the counter and the "manager on duty" (I can only assume) says "Please take a number and someone will be with you shortly."

The happy ending is that my number was the next one to be called.

No comments: