Monday, April 30, 2007

“right before the trouble began”


Here's an art installation by my friend LPOU (Leopard Princess of the Universe). I asked her if I could blog it; here's here response:
---------------
Sure, blog me baby,

I put John 1:1-6 next to it because it’s a Genesis/Jesus picture.

But

It’s unofficially titled “right before the trouble began”

It’s Genesis when man hasn’t been made from the ground, the world right after creation when every creature got along , the serpent is stirring though, the crown of thorns above it because the plan of salvation was already in place and at the top the mystery of creation /evolution by the nautilus shell and its intricate design, the pearl for Christ (a little Catholic iconography “Pearl of great price” )

And the red coral for blood of Christ (more Catholic iconography) and medieval symbol for protection. And there are angels in the clouds.

No comments: