Friday, January 11, 2008

Nicknames

My faithful readers (Thanks to you, but you all REALLY should get a life!) will know that I try to keep an air of anonymity to the Bing Blog. I would rather have fun nicknames for those in my world, mostly made up from things about that person. I was thinking that my buddy D-Man needs something that is a little more interesting. I was discussing this with Band Lady as we were hanging out at the state band geek/music nerd convention. I mentioned that D is a large supplier for my sugar fixes, therefore being the keeper of the Sugar Monkey. I said "HEY! He can be the Organ Grinder while I'm the annoying little monkey swinging around in circles." Band Lady reminded me that "Organ Grinder" could have QUITE a different interpretation to some.

Discuss.....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, do I have Organ Grinder memories. In high school, the jazz choir always went to Organ Grinder Pizza after we performed at the Mount Hood CC Jazz Festival. They had good pizza, arcade games with prizes, and the entire front wall of the restaurant was a giant pipe organ with all kinds of percussion and novelty instruments. A screen dropped from the ceiling so they could show silent movies. The organist was always great at keeping kids entertained. Eventually our director herded us out to the bus with our helium balloons, and we giggled and sang like chipmunks all the way back to the hotel. Unfortunately, that organ ground to a halt many years ago. Not the interpretation you were expecting, was it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Techno-Chick

I share some good memories of the Organ-Grinder Pizza also! :)

Even gone as far as to make a museum archives online which is online at: www.Organ-Grinder.us

Let me know what you think of the website so far.