Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dear Ex

"I was quite surprised to see your friend request on Facebook today. Our marriage ended over 11 years ago and not on good terms. We haven't spoken since and have moved forward with our own lives. I'm curious as to what caused you to feel the need to reconnect at this point. Your request had no personal note attached, so I'm only left to speculate what is on your mind. I'm sure I have no idea.

When relationships end, a door closes but many other opportunities open. To re-open closed doors is to peek into past memories, good and bad, and to risk the flood of regrets and "What if....?" I think for both of us, it may be best to leave that door closed. I wish you nothing but the best for you, your family and your future."


OK gang - this is SOOOO not what I really want to say but I think for all parties involved, it's best to just not engage and let sleeping dogs lie. (No Pastelitos reference intended.) Please give me your input and help me write one of the most important notes of my life!

No comments: