Saturday, August 28, 2010

MisMatched.com

So I decided to try the online dating thing again. Figured maybe if I took it seriously, I might actually enjoy it. Not so much. The online part, anyway. Can't make any comments about the dating part cuz that hasn't really happened. In fact, it seems that on average, about 3 out of 5 profiles are fake. If someone DOES make contact with you, they immediately want to e-mail OUTSIDE of the "safe" parameters of the dating website. I have an e-mail that I only use for that purpose, so I don't care. It has no identifying information, so whatever. Except then they person turns into someone with a sob story about being a widow, living outside of the country and needing money...blah blah blah. It would be amusing if it weren't so annoying.

I spent an hour tonight just clearing out profiles out of my "connection" box because those profiles don't exist anymore. Out of 31 connections, 11 profiles are gone. Either those 11 people found the love of their life or they were fake profiles of people who don't even exist.

It's been 29 days. The website has a "6 month promise." If you don't meet someone in 6 months, your next 6 months are free. Hmmmmmm.....that sound kinda like having a really crappy meal somewhere, having terrible service and getting food poisoning only to get a free gift certificate to come back.

Would you?

No comments: