Thursday, January 18, 2007

Their brains aren't quite developed!

Interesting thing happened yesterday - One of my 6th graders came to me after school and handed me a note with $10. He said he was supposed to give it to one of my band officers, Nani. Nani had gotten the idea that it would a great idea to buy me an iPod. Mostly because I have been telling the kids all year, "If you REALLY loved me, I'd have an iPod by now." The problem is, it's supposed to be a surprise presentation at the concert tonight. Now, don't get me wrong - I had a pretty good feeling it was going to happen, since:
1. Nani asked me what kind of iPod I would want IF I were to have one.
2. Nani's mom asked me for a copy of all the parent contact information.
3. Nani asked if he could have 5 minutes at the concert to make a presentation.

Still, when Not-quite-getting-the-hint 6th grader says "I was supposed to give this to Nani. He was collecting money to buy you an iPod and I forgot to give it to him." what do you do? At first, I said NOTHING, hoping NQGTH would simply hand me the note and walk away quietly. But he kept talking and spilled it all. Right there on my desk. A big, fat invisible mess. So now I have to act surprised and hope Nani doesn't found out I know.

I'll let you know how that goes tonight!

No comments: