Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Travel blues....

The trip back from Jackson Hole last Friday was quite eventful. I was scheduled to fly from Jackson to Dallas to Chicago to Miami. When we were approaching Dallas, the weather was bad and we had to circle for awhile. Then the pilot came on to say "We're very low on fuel so we need to divert to Oklahoma City to refuel." So we did. Then we had to sit on the ground for about an hour. Luckily I had gotten bumped up to First Class (AND made Gold frequent flier status; I'm SO framing that boarding pass.) and had plenty of room.

To make a LONG day short; here are the highlights:
1. Once I got to Dallas, I booked a confirmed seat on a flight straight to Miami and put myself first on the stand-by list for on earlier one.
2. Both flights kept getting delayed. They were like two horses at a race track. One would be scheduled to leave first, then the other. I logged a bajillion miles going back and forth between the two gates checking on them.
3. At one gate, a flight to San Antonio boarded, then had to SIT there for 2 hours because of the weather.
4. At another gate, the plane was THERE but couldn't be boarded, as the jetway was closed due to lightning.
5. At one point, we had to evacuate to the bathrooms, as there was a tornado headed towards the airport.
6. My "confirmed seat" flight got cancelled.
7. I finally made it to Miami at 1 AM.
8. My luggage arrived yesterday (Monday).

No comments: