Monday, February 05, 2007

Hit me!

I judge another band Solo/ensemble festival last weekend. It's always fun because I get to work with students I've never met and help them learn new things. This weekend was a BIT questionable, however. Because I'm on the state judges list for Woodwinds, Brass AND percussion, I got to be the judge who heard a little bit of everything. Normally not a big deal, but the percussion judges rooms were packed tight, so I got the percussion overflow. Only, because there was no percussion equipment in my room, that meant I got all the snare drum solos. For 5 solid hours. It sounded something like this:

ratatatatatatatatatatatatfrrrrapBAMatatatatatadiddlediddleflamflamFLAMtatatatatatFRAPFRAPtatatatatdiddlediddleatatat...

I guess you had to be there.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud when I read the snare drum solo imitation. What were your comments to them? Perhaps, try that passage again with a practice pad or better yet, please take your snare drum out in the hall and play it again, I can hear it better out there!