Monday, February 11, 2008

Letter from an unhappy sibling

Hello Ms. Bing,

I'm sorry to inconvenience you, but could you please
speak with my brother, Thomas W, about completing
his assignments at a proper time? It's around 10:30
P.M right now, when most students should be asleep,
but this is one of several nights that I've been kept
up by his playing the tuba in attempts to complete his
homework at such a late hour.
On previous occasions I've had to put up with later
than this, but having traveled for hours by car this
weekend and competed in some very intense rowing
races.. I'm fed up. I know this is a rather personal
issue, but after speaking with my parents and seeing
that they are completely unperturbed by this problem,
I don't know what to do.
I've spoken with Thomas myself about schoolwork at
Ransom and how favouring his Wii and leaving
assignments until last minute just does not work out--
that has plainly taken no affect on him. I know you
were a good seventh grade dean- so I ask if you could
PLEASE knock some sense into him regarding his
assignments, chiefly his tuba playing. Please! He is
playing at this second a floor below me and the sound
echoes all over the place- I'm being driven MAD. He's
had an entire weekend to do this, and a time
approaching the morning of school is not the right
time.
I hope this isn't too much to ask, but please, just do
whatever it takes to get this kid out of my head!!!!

Sincerely,
Erin W, 8th Grade

---------------------------------
Erin,

I have spoken to Thomas, and although I would LIKE to beat him and draw blood, it would severely impact my ability to work at our school in the future.

Please let me know if this continues! I'm sorry for the trouble.

Ms Bing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Erin. I understand completely. I once had a student in a similar situation, but she asked that I tell her brother not to practice at all. Apparently, the sound of his trumpet would scare the cows and cause them to stampede.

Clown