Thursday, September 04, 2008

TRUE worship

One of the reasons I left my previous church was that the new worship/music director preferred to work with professional musicians as it made rehearsals easier for him. Membership to the church or even belief in Jesus was not necessary. Meanwhile, members of the church with lesser talent (including myself) were left with nowhere to serve.

I've been attending my new church's Wednesday night service lately. The worship leader has his two girls (ages about 9 and 7) playing in the band. The pastor's 14 year old son is playing guitar, right next to the adults. The older little girl is playing piano and is growing more confident in her beginner technique. Meanwhile, the littlest one looks like "Little Miss Sunshine" and plays a MEAN shaker while singing her heart out. The band sounds awesome - if you closed your eyes, you wouldn't know the kids were there.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what worship should be!

No comments: