Sunday, July 26, 2009

Strangers in the house, the prequel

As I was relating the story of Missions in the Cabana to my friend Songbird, she reminded me of a story from 2 1/2 years ago:

I was in Orlando at a friend's birthday party and met Songbird for the first time. She found out I lived in Miami and mentioned she was going to be in Miami in a few months for an audition for the Florida Grand Opera. I told her to call me if she needed a place to stay, as I lived only blocks from the Opera House.

Fast forward: She calls and says a) she wants to know if the offer is still standing and b) can she bring a friend who is also auditioning. Of course I say yes. They end up arriving at 2 AM. They were amazed that I waited up for them. I gave her my bedroom, as it has better air conditioning and I was worried about her voice. They both did their audition and left that afternoon.

We've been TERRIFIC friends ever since! That's how life works.

No comments: