Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Baconator

Remember how I love bacon, and remember how D made me a sign that says “bacon” when he picked Tia and I up at the airport in Vegas for Thanksgiving and remember how I put that sign up in my office and how every so often, someone will come into my office and ask me “Why do you have a sign that says ‘bacon’ and I have to explain the whole silly story again, and while it makes ME giggle tremendously, nobody else seems to get it? Well, I now have a 6th grade student that gets it. One of the assignments I gave to the kids last week was to send me an e-mail from our webpage link so that I got check all of the e-mail links. I told them to put their name in the subject line, since many of them have e-mails that give NO clue as to the sender. I said they could put whatever they wanted in the text of the e-mail, like “You’re the best teacher ever!” or “I hope you’re having a great day.” Or “Thank you for not beating me up today.” (Remember – I’m also the dean!) Well, one of my new little trumpet players sent me her e-mail. When I opened it, it said “bacon.”

This COULD be a very interesting year!

No comments: