Monday, August 20, 2007

Working with a difficult boss

Roger: I was reading through my employee benefits, and it says I’m entitled to meet with a government counselor. I’d like to meet with a counselor.
Sergeant: You’re looking at him.
Roger: What do you mean?
Sergeant: I’m the assigned counselor for District 240. I figure, hey, why not take the bump on the paycheck? Besides, I’m redoing my kitchen. Don’t worry. I took the quiz.
I’m certified.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant: Roger, this happens to be one of the most beautiful letters I have ever read. But I’m not that way.
Roger: I didn’t write the letter.
Sergeant: Please! You signed it, it has your return address on it, and you sealed it with a unicorn.
Roger: Can’t you see? I’m being set up.
Sergeant: That would be quite an elaborate setup, don’t you think?
Roger: No, not really. All you need is a stamp and a unicorn sticker.

From "School for Scoundrels" starring Billy Bob Thornton and John Heder. The cover says it's "Bad Santa meets Napoleon Dynamite." It is.

No comments: