Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another half

So I was on such a high after finishing the last half marathon, I went ahead and signed up for another one. Which is tomorrow. I had already decided it was a "fast-walk" race since I didn't train well this season due to my summer injury. I felt really good after the last one but didn't train as much as maybe I should have. Still, I finished with a time that was not too much off from previous years. Plus, as I said to 2 teachers who ran it HARD (one half and one full) and then couldn't walk right for a week - "Yeah! That's the difference between you and me. I KNOW I'm not going to win, so I'd rather just finish and be able to teach without pain the next day."

Tomorrow is more of the same, although I've done a lot more distance to get ready. In fact, I walked ALMOST every night this month, at least 3 miles but often more. I've dropped an insignificant amount of weight, but since I've been stalled out for so long, maybe I'm kicking myself off of my plateau.

The funny thing is - when I STARTED this post, I was really not looking forward to tomorrow and was weighing how guilty I would feel about wasting the entry fee if I just slept in and skipped it. 15 minutes later I'm loading up on pasta and getting ready to call it an early evening. The race starts at 6:13. Wish me luck!

No comments: