Monday, March 02, 2009

Reflections on a Sunday

I DID do the half marathon Sunday. I'm glad I did and am looking forward to the next one, whenever that may be.

Good
- my time was better than the last
- I'm not too tired/sore today
- I had fun

Rough
- the course went over the Julia Tuttle Causeway and back. Two LARGE bridges to go over. Each way. Starting at mile 6.
- the monthly visit from "Aunt Flo" started in the middle of the race

After I crossed the finish line, I walked across the street and went to church. My pastor's wife helped be get situated and recover. It was a little rough, I won't lie.

BEST
- While I was listening to Pastor Robert teach, I noticed the couple sitting behind me. I'm not certain, but they appeared homeless - we get many of them from time to time. Remember, South Beach is decadence, disparity and disciples all living together. They were quite dirty and had ragged clothes. I saw a HUGE scab on his arm. It looked like he had burned a peace sign into his forearm. When Robert made a comment in his message about helping the homeless and addicted, she piped up with her approval. During the final moments of the service, Robert asked anyone who didn't know and trust Jesus to come forward and just let Him in. What an amazing moment when the man behind me did. He looked broken and at the end of his rope, but I've been praying for him all week.

No comments: