Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Driving Ms. Bing

This was part of an e-mail exchange with D in Orlando. I spent the weekend up there but was too tired to drive home Sunday night. I got up at 5 AM Monday morning to drive back to Miami.
------------------------------------------------------
I’m here, safe and sound (and TIRED) and JUST as I walked in to the office, my secretary told me she had my 10 o’clock on the phone. Seems the kid now wants to drop band and go to drama. Then I check my e-mail, and my advanced euphonium player decided to take study hall instead.

I guess the thing that pimps me off the most is that I got a call last week from a parent whose daughter wanted to switch from Chorus to Band and the principal convinced me that the chorus numbers were dangerously low, and asked if the student could just stay in chorus. But today I lost two. I’m ready to blow, because what they are saying (through actions, not words) is that any kid can change at any time, depending on who’s fielding the call that day, AND I could come back in July with significantly different numbers and instrumentation than I have right now.

That’s a very soothing, calming way to start a summer vacation.

HAPPY FREAKIN’ SUMMER VACATION!

No comments: