Wednesday, June 20, 2007

EXHAUSTED!

Today is Day T-1 (Target minus 1) for ABC, the summer sleep-away camp for band directors. We the staff have been busting tail for the past 3 days getting everything set up and ready. Today is the entrance exam for the newbies, although the new "all computer" version had a glitch and I got the call: "BING! We need all the pencils you can find. STAT!" Happy to do it, but I had to sharpen them first.

I'm fading in and out of consciousness, though. All the newbies had to check in yesterday and were SUPPOSED to be in the dorms by 9 PM. I got the dubious honor of being on call for the those who were late due to bad travel mojo, something of which I am very familiar. There were only two, which wouldn't be so bad, but the first was at 1 AM and the second was at 2:30 AM. I barely slept in between and then had to open registration again at 7:30 AM today.

Can't wait to sleep today!

No comments: