Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's nice to be wanted!

I'm in Seattle with some of my favorite people. Yesterday was a busy day, but it started off REALLY well! I got up early (since I'm now 3 time zones later than I'm used to) and ran 7 miles through the neighborhood by the hotel. I had a great view of the mountains and other than getting chased by a pack of wild dogs (OK, they were 12 week old Retriever puppies who thought I wanted to play) the run was good. I bought new shoes before I left Miami, and that seemed to help my sore calf issue. I had my headphones on and was listening to some of my favorite worship music. It started with P's high school choir singing "Now is the Time to Worship." He's here in Seattle with me, so it made me smile. When I got back, I had a message waiting from T: "Good morning, princess! Come join P and me for breakfast." Another big smile; I love these guys! Then I get a text from D, who's already in Vegas: "Having my first margarita. Hurry up and get here!"

It's so nice to be wanted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We also want you back here in Miami. Counting the days till you come and entertain us with Vegas stories while we eat leftovers and b-day cake!