Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Let's play "Top That"

In response to yesterday's "Heard in the classroom" post, I received this from my buddy B in CA

---------------
So we're working on a new production of "Velveteen Rabbit" with my symphonic band and the musical theatre class. My two best trumpets are both characters on stage, however there is a tasty solo in the third number they both want. They are going to challenge for the right to play the solo from the stage, in character. I said to the third chair player that she should also learn the solo just in case. "Just in case of what?" she asked. "Just in case they both get whacked before the show performs" I replied, sorta snidely. "What kind of show is this?!?" she asked with alarm, to which the oboe player chimes in, "The kind wher you bring blow darts so that you get the solo, dummy..."

Somedays I really love my kids!

Be well,
B.

No comments: