Monday, November 20, 2006

Say "Goodnight," Boys!

I'm still in Seattle working at the biggest gathering of band dorks in the world (me included!). We had 2 fabulous concerts last night; one was by a Japanese High School band, the other by a professional brass quintet. The 2 performances were quite different and so the balance of the evening was perfect.

After the 2nd concert, most of the staff and the brass quintet went to the hotel bar for a tasty beverage (or two). I think there is a rule somewhere that where there are professional brass musicians, truly tasteless joke and all-around fun must follow. But there is also some unwritten rule that traveling brass musicians are "horn dogs" in the truest sense of the word. Let's just say that the night ended by two of them making sure I found my way back to my hotel room. They were a little disturbed that I wouldn't actually let them IN! In fact, they were SO confused that they called my room a few minutes later to make SURE I didn't want company.

I guess the bright side is, I COULD have been a contender. I just have morals. Hard to believe, I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tsk, tsk. Wishful thinking on someone's part. They were hoping you'd "order a pizza" so they could deliver. Boy did they underestimate you. I'm sure you set them straight, though. Still, I'll be sure to watch your back more carefully next time they're around. You'll never walk alone! :-)

E