Thursday, December 14, 2006

Homeroom humor

Amazingly enough, in only 10 minutes during homeroom today, there was enough exciting dialogue to last me a week.

First, there were a group of students studying for a science test on the human skeleton. Their passionate discussions on pivot vs. hinge joints was completely lost on me; I remember knowing that once, but I've cleared my brain for more important information, such as "When is the next Pez set of characters being released?"

Then, some of the boys (7th grade, of course) were discussing the pros and cons (mostly cons) of playing unconventional playground games, such as "Coconut" dodge ball (coconuts hurt more than regular playground balls when they hit you in the head) and "Roman candle" tag (burn concerns are obvious.)

Add to that, one of the students (whom I frequent look at at scream "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!) decided to poke everyone and yell "Sputnik" in a high-pitched squeak reminiscent of someone who's been inhaling helium.

BUT...the highlight was when one of the students told me she couldn't find her pants. She left school wearing them, but she wasn't wearing them in homeroom and can't remember when she took them off.

That whole conversation doesn't transcribe well.

No comments: