Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My week at a glance.....

This comes from an e-mail I just sent: I thought the writing too good not to share.
-------------------------
Beginning Band WORLD premiere performance on Friday afternoon; I don't if the world is ready. There is just nothing quite like the sound of an exhuberant young saxophonist on his first gig! I've actually considered "accidentally" breaking a few reeds or otherwise disabling a few instruments a few seconds before the downbeat, but alas, I must protect the integrity of the psyche of my young charges. I guess that means passing out earplugs at the door is not an option, either.

Community Band rehearsal last night - we have a concert next Tuesday. We seem to be playing every Christmas carol ever written, most of which are in one VERY long medley. The trumpets really seem to love this piece. I sit in front of them. It's very loud. And not in tune. Not even close.

Running - uh, yea....that's kind a problem. My LEFT calf is now healed, but my RIGHT shin is KILLING me. I'm afraid to go to the doctor, because I'm afraid he'll tell me A) stop running and B) no snowboarding over vacation. So I'll just play the ostrich and bury my head in the sand.

How's life in your world?

No comments: