Monday, July 23, 2007

Life and Relationships

"There's an old joke. Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort. One says, 'The food at this place is really terrible.' The other says, 'I know, and such small portions.'

That's essentially how I feel about life, full of lonliness, misery, suffering and unhappiness. And it's all over much too quickly."

-------------------------------
"This guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, my brother's crazy. He thinks he's a chicken.' The doctor says, 'Why don't you turn him in?' He says, 'I can't. I need the eggs.'

Well, I guess that's how I feel about relationships. They're totally irrational, crazy and absurd. But I guess we keep going through it because most of us need the eggs."

-Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) in "Annie Hall"

No comments: