Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tadpoles and Termites

I made it home around 8 PM last night. I was SO tired when I got to Portland that I upgraded to First Class for the flight to Chicago. Got a REALLY nice Denver omelette and a 4 hour nap. I felt MUCH better, but could tell I was still out of it on the flight home to Miami. The sudoku, the crossword and the Mensa puzzles were giving me fits and usually, I kick their little puzzle patooties. I gave up and slept some more.

I arrived to find a dark pool with little tadpoles and termite dust on the kitchen floor. The pool is well on its way to recovery and I'll call to have the house tented sometime next week. The cat finally came home around 10 PM, but was not interested in coming in the house or even saying more than "Oh. It's you. Welcome back. Or whatever" before venturing back out into the night.

I decided NOT to venture to the summer band geek convention. D-Man is actually in Miami for the weekend, so my plan of skipping out on the convention would not have worked. Instead, I'm going to help him down here. He's buying old pageant costumes, props and music from our ex-church.

Today started after a full 12 hours of sleep (YES) and getting the pool on the way to recovery. Then off to school to drop some things off and see how full my mailbox is. It looks like my room is completely cleaned and the carpet shampooed so I can start putting things back together next week. I'm actually ready to get back to work. SCARY!

No comments: