Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dog-noramus

When we got back from Obedience School today, I took both dogs for a walk around the block. As we approached the pizza (Casola's) the corner, a fire/rescue truck pulled up and parked. As it did, the occupants thought it would be funny to flick the siren and make "meow" noises through their PA system. Guava FREAKED out and tried to pull my arm off to run back home. As the firemen were chuckling, I said "THANKS! Thanks a LOT!" They obviously didn't speak sarcasm.

I took the Pastelitos home and walked back to Casola's, saw the idiot at the counter and asked him to step outside so I could speak to him. I explained that a) my brother is a fireman b) I served as volunteer fire personnel in my little town growing up c) I'm really considering making my dogs service dogs (I think Queso might be great for search and rescue, actually) d) through his idiotic actions, my dogs are now terrified by fire trucks.

I didn't lose it, I just spoke as calmly as I could, although I was LIVID. He DID apologize and said usually when he does that, everyone thinks it's funny. I told him to please think before he does anything like that again. Hopefully he will.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like the puppies aren't the only ones who belong in middle school!