Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flu-like symptoms

Yesterday was tough. I ALMOST called in sick to school today. That hasn't happened in 6 or 7 YEARS. Then I started thinking about my schedule lately and thought I figured out the problem. Last week, I did a half marathon (with "complications") but other than a short nap and lots of fluids that afternoon, I didn't rest up and recover well. I jumped right back into the school week, walked 3-5 miles every night and stressed over school projects, grades and upcoming performances. Then I spent the weekend doing some THOROUGH house cleaning. Then yesterday I had a dental cleaning in the morning (which seems to have stirred up some germy things) and a deep tissue massage in the afternoon (more toxin things). By the time I left Doggy Middle School at 8 PM last night, I was running a low-grade fever. I felt better this morning and made it easily through the day. Tonight I went to community band but left at the break because my eyes were hot and my hair was hurting. (you know, flu-like symptoms where your whole body just aches.)

I just took a double shot of AdvoCare Rehydrate and some ProBiotic RESTORE and I'm going to bed. I'll let you know how that works out!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hope you are feeling all better now!