Sunday, August 03, 2008

The advantages of senility

It was movie night on Friday and Waiting was the "view du jour."

This scene made you laugh and cry at the same time. It was also one of few that had no obscenity.
-------
Monty: How are you doing today?
Customer: Oh, I’m slipping gradually into senility
Monty: Really, Do you consider that a good thing or a bad thing?
Customer: Well, it’s a mixed bag. It’s good in the sense that I can take walks in my underwear. I can give small children the middle finger. But as long as I look happy while I’m doing it, people just assume I’m senile.
Monty: Yeah, so what’s the bad?
Customer: Well, sometimes I give small children the middle finger and don’t realize I’m doing it until someone slaps me. So I really am going senile.
Monty: Alzheimer’s can’t be all that bad. You get the chance to meet new people every day.

No comments: