Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not THAT kind of weird

Tonight's bible study was about Psalm 1 and how we're supposed to stand clear of the non-believers; in the world, not of the world, etc. First, I love that when my pastor was trying to describe "delight" he used Divinity candy as an example. He described them as "sugar shaped like a biscuit." He also said he "delights" in them like Jesus "delights in us." (Remember, this is the man that said God gave us taste buds so we can enjoy tiramisu!)

Then he talked about Christians who say they are more comfortable around non-believers because Christians are weird. He said (I loved this part) "DUH! We're SUPPOSED to be weird. Not, like, FROOT LOOPS weird."

I think I've finally found a church that feels like home!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Very cool - what church is it?