Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

People often ask me how I can stand Miami in the summer, since it's SO hot and humid. I usually tell them, "I don't. I'm never there." Which is true. Mostly. I'm usually gone from June 1 until mid-July and this year was no exception. Except it's REALLY muggy right now and my pool is green. Slightly. It should be fine in another day or so, but for now, I can't go in it. BUMMER!

The other joy of returning from vacation (other than a green pool)is that my dog is COMPLETELY covered in fleas and ticks. HUGE ticks. NASTY ticks. And pesky fleas. Poor Peanut; she doesn't understand why she's had 3 baths this week and why I'm not so excited for her to sleep with me these days. She's a little out of sorts. Right now, we're at school (free internet!) trying to kill 4 hours while the flea bombs go off in the house.

Here's a question to ponder: You aren't actually supposed to be IN the house when you set off bug bombs, so why does raid make a "citrus" scented one? Hmmmmm.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested