Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finally Going Home

I left home June 5th, doing the annual "sofa-bed and dorm room" tour. It's now July 13th. At least I finished in a good hotel, with a nice, comfy king-size bed and lots of room. There is something soothing about taking a nice long bubble bath and then dropping in (au natural, of course!) for a late night movie and sleeping in without an alarm. I tried to make it through "Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood" but didn't make it. Luckily it was on TBS so guess what was on when I woke up this morning....yep! I picked up almost where I left off. Got a late check-out, so I'm staying in my room, relaxing a little longer and catching up on e-mails and blogs. Then it's the final 4 hour drive home and back to reality.

The downside of today is that another dear friend (there I go again, that makes 3) is moving across the country today. He should be driving this way as I type this. I'm hoping we can get together for lunch or at least a cup of coffee and a hug. I've known he was leaving for quite some time but it's finally sinking in. It's just one of those things I guess; the ride is over and he's moving to a different track. I just hope our friendship moves to that next level, where it doesn't matter how often you connect, the intensity and sincerity is still there. I have a few of those; it's truly a blessing!

No comments: