Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blessed to be a Blessing

So my struggle for the day (week, month, year, lifetime) seems to be a little bit of frustration and wonder. I've had so many people that I've been praying for and helping out. I've provided money, food, shelter, a shoulder to cry on, a word of encouragement and even a few random acts of kindness along the way. Now I'm seeing the blessings pour down as friends find work, worth and their way in this world. I'm grateful to know a God who can answer the cries in the darkness. But I can't help but wonder if it's wrong to ask "When is it going to be MY turn?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what your bellyaching about is the fact that your life has been going well enough that you havn't had to rely on the generocity and kindness of others?

Ah... to have such problems... ;-)

I wouldn't worry though, if you every had any problems that where more thne your day-to-day variety, you would have people (myself included) getting in line for a chance to return the favor and help you out for a change.

Anonymous said...

Your turn will be when you least expect it and rarely when we "deserve" it.

Maybe the thing you need to reconsider is what you are expecting as a blessing. God might be wanting to release a floodgate on you, but you are too narrowly focused on what you desire the blessing to be to see what he watns to give you.

Just a thought...

Share some of those blessings this way babe, we are waiting too!!!!

Bing said...

that's why i love you guys....you keep me honest, and slap me when i need it!

sniff, sniff