Thursday, August 17, 2006

Double Blog Dare

I usually try to keep the posts to one-a-day, one topic only. I don't think anyone REALLY wants to hear the dribble that goes on in my mind. Today, I'll make an exception.

Blog topic #1 - Aqua Cinema: quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever hosted. "Jaws" on the big screen (even bigger than V's or Wide Daddy Dave's, but alas, not HD) was awesome, especially when my bobbing dolphin floaty drifted across the pool in front of the projector during the opening scene. The shadow dolphin effect was quite convincing.

Blog topic #2 - Classroom Antics: too funny not to share. I was discussing opera with my 6th grade general music class. The terms kept flying: lyric opera, grand opera, comic opera, etc. One student said when he thinks of opera, he thinks of fat ladies in Viking hats. Another kid looked perplexed and said "Who's Opera Winfrey?" He was serious.

It's going to be a GREAT year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Game night rocked!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I was shivering towards the end, I had a great time! We'll definately do it again!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that should have said Aqua Cinema rocked! But game night the night before rocked pretty hard too.