Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gay sex in the bathroom

I KNEW that headline would get your attention. So this little blog was just a way for my out-of-touch friends to understand a little more about me and this crazy life I live in Miami. So here's how my day went:

1. Went to school to get a little work done, even though I don't have to start until next Thursday. Why go if you aren't getting paid, you ask? Well, it's hot and they have free air conditioning. And Internet. AND I was bored. 'Nuff said?

2. Met some friends for lunch at Beverly Hills Cafe (YUM), except I had already eaten lunch. But BHC has free air conditioning. And I wanted to see my friends. AND I was bored. (do you see a theme?) When I got there, they were just about to order dessert. Those who know me know that I'm ALL about dessert. The best part? The waiter threw in dessert for free (because my friends are so awesome).

3. Since BHC is right around the corner from my hair salon, I stopped in to visit A, my hairdresser and flambouyantly homosexual former neighbor, whom I LOVE because a) he makes me laugh and b) he makes me look better. Notice I didn't say good, or great. Just better. I wanted to make an appointment, but he was just finishing his last appointment for the day, so I stayed and got my "new school year's starting" color/cut. He did a fabulous job, as always.

4. Of course, A then insisted that it was my obligation to take him to Martini Bar for drinks, which I did. Happy Hour, 2 for 1 and all; he with Lemon Drops, me with Mojitos. Then something really weird, but amusing and somewhat profitable happened. He went to the restroom and saw one of the busboys, who is also a client of his at the salon. He was trying to convince the poor kid that he should spike his hair or something like that, and they were in the handicapped stall looking in the mirror, playing with his hair up and then down, and then up again. Some guy came in and saw them and went back out and complained to the manager that there was some gay sexual activity going on in the restroom. To make a LONG story short, our entire bar tab was paid for by the bar manager and we joked about the whole thing all night. We did tip the waitress heavily, though.

There you have it; my fun-filled day in a nutshell. And it hardly cost me a thing. Now you see why I'm SO ready for school to start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesomely funny! That's one occasion when an assumption is made that something good comes out of it.

Now tell me more about the mojitos...

Bing said...

Mmmmmm.....mojitos!

Martini Bar; Sunset Place; Happy Hour; 2 for 1; $5 appetizers.

When are we going?