Monday, August 14, 2006

Polls and posts

This week's poll came to me while I was in church yesterday. Be sure to vote, and better yet, post your reasoning behind your vote here. Since so many of you are musicians, this could be a lively discussion. Even better, you can subscribe to this blog (look over there <----- under my profile where it says "Subscribe to this blog.")

I think Jesus would play bass because most bass players I know are the strong, silent type. They provide a good foundation for everyone else to build on, and they don't often get to have the showy solos. When they do, it blows your mind. Plus Jesus was used to walking, so playing a bass line would be second nature. Of course, Jesus could play ANYTHING like it was second nature.

I'll ask Him about that when I see Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chose keyboard, because they can do it all. All the bass stuff, background, solo and time as solid as a Rock all with the push of a button.

Anonymous said...

I was torn between drums and keyboard.

Drums seems like such a natural. Sets the beat, its a little showy without dominating the scene. Sure you have all the baggage of a full drum kit, but then again the big J could always barrow the drums from the house band.

Keyboard is a little more flexible. A full sound board would let JC drive the beat, while still letting him ring in with some melody. Again, the keyboard keeps him tied to one spot, but I think the flexibility would make up for it. Better supports the whole notion of our savior as a singer-song-writer.

I think what pushed me all the way was when I tried to imagine what Jesus would look like on stage. Behind the drums I got a Springstein image (born in the USA, complete with the bandana). With the keyboard I picked up on more of a Paul post beetles vibe.

Paul trumped the boss for coolness. I think Jesus would be hitting the keys.