Monday, August 21, 2006

match.com

Have you ever heard the one about the two single people on match.com? It goes something like this:

He: I liked your profile. Here are some questions I'd like you to answer to see if we match.
She: Great! Here are my answers. Now here are my questions to you.
He: Wonderful! You sound like a good match. Let's meet for coffee. Can you send me a picture so I know what you look like?
She: I'll meet you at noon on Sunday at Starbucks. Here are a few pictures.

He: (at 11:30 on Sunday, via voicemail) Sorry I can't make it. Something suddenly came up. My elderly mother fell and had to go to the hospital and I have a relative flying in from out of town.

You haven't heard that one? Well, I did. Yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking for my half of the species, all men are pigs. There are no exceptions.

While his excuse does sound plausable, it still sucks. He either needs to do some serious groveling, or you need to move on to the next profile.

Good luck with the search, you are definetly someone worth catching.

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase one of my wisest friends (you): You don't want someone who doesn't share your visions and doesn't want you.

You know you deserve better. Glad he showed himself before you got too into him.

Can I recommend eharmony.com - it's expensive, but they weed out the casual commitment people.

Love you.

Bing said...

I actually joined a service that is MUCH more expensive that eharmony, but that hasn't shown too much action yet.

I did eharmony YEARS ago when Neil Clark Warren came to church to talk about his new book and this dating service he had just started. He actually spoke to me and said "You are EXACTLY the kind of person we need on eharmony." The original premise was a Christian service with blind communication, no pictures exchanged until you passed a few levels of matching first. The guys wouldn't sign up for it, and so then he sold out and made it like all the others but with a price. I felt a little used, so I haven't gone back.

Anonymous said...

Boys just suck sometimes. But I guess it balances out, cause we are crazy the rest of the time.